It takes 28 days to create a new habit, so the saying goes. So 31 days of writing and I’ll be all set! I’m excited to be joining The Nester on the Write31Days challenge, which encourages writers to pick one topic or theme and write daily for 31 days on it.
I kept asking The Lord what word or theme He wanted me to meditate on for the month and the word SURRENDER kept coming up. And then I chuckled…
This is a season of lots of change for me, and I find myself constantly having to relinquish any control I *think* I have over to The Lord.
All of these changes are new, different and exciting, but it doesn’t make them any less terrifying sometimes! I’m constantly having to surrender my thinking to renew my mind.
I’m sure that lots will emerge as I take the time to write over the next month, but here are a few (and some of them are RANDOM) things that have been mulling around in my head lately:
- My idea of what success looks like is much different now even than 6 months ago.
- Organization, and being neat, isn’t my strong suit but I’m really working on it.
- How to use failure to fall forward.
- I wanted to quit social media. And the internet. But then I changed my perspective. Stay tuned for that story…
- Going through a divorce and being a single mother has wrecked me in the best way possible.
- I think it’s safe to say I’ve learned more in the past 2 years than almost all of my life combined. It’s been Kristen Steele on steroids.
- HOPE. This word has been my banner word for several years. I’m in a very hopeful season right now!
- Learning how to love again has brought out all of my deep, dark fears.
- Refusing to live in fear but walk in love is so much easier said than done, but it’s so worth it.
- I’ve had to say goodbye to people I love way more than I like recently and that makes me sad.
- Hearing a toddler laugh and squeal will make almost anything better.
- A toddler biting you will make almost anything worse, haha.
- Laughing, happy seasons of life are amazing.
- Dieting and making the transition to clean eating isn’t easy, but I’m hoping it’s worth it… In the meantime, I miss ice cream.
- Surrendering my ‘ideal weight’ and learning to be gracious with myself is very hard.
- Dating again after almost 10 years is hilarious.
That about covers some of the main themes that I’ve been thinking about recently and I can’t wait to share more about what SURRENDER looks like for me in this season.